07 April 2008

flea market, solo


sunday was long and productive for me, and it started early with a trip to the alameda flea market, the crown jewel of northern california flea markets.

content to just stroll about, i quickly concluded that flea markets provide the absolute best people watching. i love seeing what items people are clutching to their chests or pushing around in carts. i even got to eavesdrop on a couple conferring over potential purchases via walky-talkies!!

it is certainly true here, sometimes one man's junk is another man's treasure.


i initially thought i wouldn't buy anything, but the shape of this little 4 pleased me so. $6, not much of a haggler.


my favorite purchase is this little cast iron trivet. $5, also no haggling. it's worth more than that to me!

p.s. laura normandin hand cut these felt trivets that are on view at rose and radish. one of my favorites is the lower left one which you might find familiar...

No comments: